The First Burn is the Most Important!
When you light your candle for the first time, always allow the wax to burn so that it melts across the entire surface to the edges and pools to the edges of the container. This will effectively assist in preventing tunnelling and help promote an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life.
Avoid light and hot temperatures
Candle waxes and fragrances are sensitive to both temperature and light, so try to be careful when storing candles. Try to always store your candles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will always help protect it from discolouration and fading.
Keep your wick trimmed!
Try to ensure that your wick is always kept to 5mm long at all times. We recommend trimming the wick every 3 hours of burn time. When trimming, always extinguish the flame, let the candle cool down to room temperature, remove any wick debris and trim the wick before relighting. We sell wick trimmers in three colours: gold, rose gold and chrome. This will help to encourage a more even burn, steady flame, and limit mushrooming and sooting.
Try to avoid burning candles for more than three hours in one sitting. We suggest that after burning a candle for three hours, you should allow the candle to cool for two hours before relighting.
Follow the half-inch wax rule
Always monitor the amount of remaining wax in a candle container. Once the wax falls below the half-inch mark (1.27 centimetres), discontinue use. The container can heat up when the flame nears the base of the jar and there is not much remaining wax. Following this rule will help prevent heat damage to the container and the surface surrounding the candle.
Putting out your candle
Try to always use a proper candle snuffer to extinguish your candles as this will prevent the wick from moving and wax from spilling. This will also assist in maximising your burn times.
Spilt Wax Removal
If you accidentally spill candle wax, ensure that you let it harden so it can be easily removed in pieces. Cover it with paper towels, newspaper or similar spare material you have lying around and gently press with an iron on low heat. The spilt wax should melt and absorb into the paper.